Recording EEG the fast and easy way!
Introducing the actiCAP Xpress, a dry electrode BCI system with an innovative and unique design
APPLICATIONS > BCI • EEG • ERP • EEG & NIRS
actiCAP Xpress is a dry electrode cap that works without gel to significantly speed up the preparation of the subject. A key feature is that the subjects head is practically ‘gel free’ following the test. This enhances subject recruitment into any study. With its softly contoured mushroom shaped sensors it is comfortable, robust, versatile, safe, easy to use and fast to apply. It is available in different tailored packages at highly attractive prices making it attractive in a number of research fields.
- Dry electrode sensors, (to be connected to the 16 signal active electrodes, one reference electrode and one ground active electrode) are made from a robust gold plated material.
- 2 types of sensors, so-called “QuickBits”, guarantee high wearing comfort:
– 6 T-shaped flat sensors used for frontopolar and hairless positions.
– 32 mushroom-headed sensors ensuring a stable contact with the scalp even if the sensors are not completely perpendicular to the surface.
- 4 different QuickBit lengths come along with actiCAP Xpress to guarantee optimum contact between electrode and scalp – independently of hair density and head geometry.
- The individual QuickBit lengths can easily be distinguished by their colored ribbon. Positions and QuickBit types used for a particular subject can be noted down in the accompanying “Configuration Sheet” and thus conveniently be restored for further measurements with the same subject.
- QuickBits can be changed comfortably even if the subject is already wearing the cap. The highly elastic electrode cap with large holes allows for easy access of the electrodes which makes cap preparation even quicker and hassle-free.
- 78 holes on the cap as well as additional electrode holders offer an extremely flexible channel layout, which can basically cover every position of the 10/20 system.
What is a V-Amp?
The V-Amp is a versatile amplifier which can be used with passive, active and dry electrodes incuding our actiCAP Xpress dry electrode cap.
- V-Amp supports the measurement of bipolar and auxiliary signals (via two Auxiliary inputs)
- OpenViBE is a complete program for Brain Computer Interface and neuroscience research developed by the INRIA research Institute in France
- The OpenViBE™ for Brain Products includes specific developments for use with Brain Products GmbH EEG devices and provides three ready to use specific BCI applications: a P300 speller, a Motor Imagery experiment and an SSVEP task
Please note: The upgraded version of the V-Amp amplifier is no longer a medical device according to the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC (as amended by Directive 2007/47/EC). The upgraded version of the V-Amp amplifier is CE marked according to the EMC directive EMC 2004/108/EC. It must only be used for investigational purposes. Medical use e.g. for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other such purposes is strictly forbidden.