VisuaStim digital systems allow the user to present high fidelity video and sound to subjects inside the fMRI scanner. Applications include the presentation of visual and audio stimuli in the research setting. Other applications include entertainment within the scanner. This is particularly useful for subjects who do not tolerate the hostile environment within the scanner. It is also widely used to entertain children in the scanner thereby gaining their co-operation in this challenging situation.
A NEW WORLD OF RESEARCH POSSIBILITIES
VisuaStim Digital is an advanced all-digital audio-visual stimulation technology available for functional MRI applications (fMRI). It combines crystal clear, high-resolution digital video with high-quality digital sound to deliver unsurpassed realism. Developed in consultation with world-renowned research and educational facilities, it meets the most stringent research requirements.
Dual-display stereoscopic video yields 3D images delivering visual paradigms that appear to emerge from the screen. With industry-leading 500,000 pixels per 0.25 square inch area, even small text delivered from a PC is clear and readable. It has a refresh rate of up to 85 Hz. Each pixel is illuminated independently without the need for backlighting, enabling an industry-leading contrast ratio that is maintained in magnetic fields ever greater than 4.7T. This compares with LCD-based displays on competing products where the contrast changes dramatically in magnets greater than 3T.
Advanced features include:
- All digital dual-display video with 0.5 megapixel resolution in a 0.25 square area.
- 30 degree horizontal field of view.
- MRI LaserLink technology with all-digital audio and video relay from the console to the MRI headset.
- Optional eyetracker technology and recording software.
- Dual video display 3d capability.
- Rated for 0.2 to 4.7T field of strength magnets.
- Digital audio system with 30db noise-attenuating headset with 40Hz-40kHz frequency response.
- Head mounted display operates inside the magnet bore with no artifacts or detrimental effects on S/O ratio.
Please note: Our products are scientific equipment for INVESTIGATIONAL USE ONLY! Medical use e.g. for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other such purposes is strictly forbidden.